Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hiding in plain sight.

Yes, I am still alive, but I suppose it 
would not seem like it.

I had a dear friend from Georgetown
email me a couple of weeks ago and ask
if I had dropped off the face of the earth.
(Hi Helen!)
I said No, just a lot has happened in my life 
in the past year...
(I had no idea till 5 minutes ago how
long it had been since I last posted here)

So, you ask, WHAT has happened?
Well...

1)  I became very involved in a citizen's group
here in Malakoff, Texas that has taken a lot
of time and created many blessings for myself
and for the community at large, so that is great!



2)  I started doing a major de-cluttering campaign
that resulted in cutting my personal belongings in half.
Yes! In half. It was over a matter of months,
 and the more I got rid of in my home, 
the more I like my home! 
No regrets... even with selling some 
furniture I have had for years. 
This kind of clearing takes a lot of time and energy.
This is the cleaned up, I can find everything view. Whew.


3) Rhonda and I downsized our house
 and moved into a duplex.
Yes, moved. Just 3 blocks, but yes, moved. 
Guess how much easier it was since I had
de-cluttered? Fantastic!
Smaller home = smaller electric bill!
Way less than $100 for gas + electric this month. :)
We do still own the property where the chickens live, don't panic, LOL.


4) My baby daughter, Laura Beth, Graduated 
from High School in May. Yea! and BooHoo!
Then, 10 weeks later she started school
at Dallas Baptist University. She loves it!



5) My middle child, Ryan, joined the Air Force! 
His graduation from Basic Training in San Antonio 
was the morning after Laura's HS Graduation.
That was really a crazy weekend last May.
Yes, I cried like a baby when I saw him for the first time in 2 months. 

6) Ryan and his sweet wife, Kirstie and their 3 kids 
moved to Wichita, Kansas - McConnell AFB.
They are settling in well, have a 4 bedroom home
on the base, and now have a German Shepherd
 named Daisy (apparently they did not have enough to
keep them busy, LOL)
Tyler is 6, Ellie is 3, and Carson is 1 - they have part of
my heart with them in Kansas. :)
This is Daisy at 9 weeks. LOL, she is going to be huge!


7) Rhonda's mother, MAW, passed away in October.
She was a real character, and at 90 was
ready to go to Heaven and boss Paw around.
Her words, not mine. We miss her dearly,
but know it was her time.
The same week she passed away, we lost Johnnie, 
Rhonda's sister in Law after a long and courageous
battle with cancer. The family was not ready to
lose such a beautiful lady too young, but also know
she did not want to suffer any longer, and loved the Lord.

8) My oldest child, Koen is 25. Yes, I said child! 
(Don't bother me with the facts.)
This child got married to a great gal, Codi, 
and the two of them have a baby boy, Noah.
Noah was born on Dec 29, 2012.



This meant I became a Grandmother of 4 in 4 years.
It is true! And I am not sure how, since I 
am still 29.

I missed you, Blogger friends, but 
I BEEN KINDA BUSY!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment